【简介】感谢网友“1631”参与投稿,这里小编给大家分享一些,方便大家学习。
国王的演讲中的经典台词
影片里的主角历史原形为乔治六世。自小怯懦和口吃,因而无法在公众面前发表流畅的演讲。最后经过语言治疗师莱纳尔罗格的帮助,慢慢克服了心理的障碍。下面是国王的演讲中的经典台词,欢迎参考阅读!
In this grave hour, perhaps the most fateful in our history,
在这样严峻的时刻,可能是国家存亡的紧要关头
I send to every household of my peoples,
我向领土上的所有子民
both at home and overseas this message
不论是国内或是海外 传达这份消息
spoken with the same depth of feeling for each one of you
我和你们一样,百感交集
as if I were able to cross your threshold and speak to you myself.
只希望我能挨家挨户亲自向你们诉说
For the second time in the lives of most of us we are at war.
我们大部分人,都是第二次经历战争的'洗礼
Over and over again we have tried to find a peaceful way out
不止一次,我们尝试过寻求和平之道
of the differences between ourselves and those who are now our enemies.
求同存异,化敌为友
But it has been in vain. We have been forced into a conflict.
然而徒劳无功。我们被迫卷入了一场战争
For we are called, to meet the challenge of a principle which,
我们所面临的,是一个邪恶信念的挑战
if it were to prevail, would be fatal to any civilized order in the world.
如果敌方取胜,世界的文明秩序将毁于一旦(prevail盛行,流传)
Such a principle, stripped of all disguise,
这样的信念,剥去伪装的外衣
is surely the mere primitive doctrine that might is right.
只是赤裸裸的权力追求(primitive原始的,单纯的,doctrine教条)
For the sake of all that we ourselves hold dear,
为了捍卫凝聚起我们的所有(hold dear珍重)
it is unthinkable that we should refuse to meet the challenge.
我们无法想象去逃避这样的挑战
It is to this high purpose that I now call my people at home
为了如此崇高目标,我呼吁国内的民众
and my peoples across the seas, who will make our cause their own.
海外的子民们,万众一心
I ask them to stand calm and firm, and united in this time of trial.
我希望你们能冷静坚定,在时间的历练中团结向前
The task will be hard. There may be dark days ahead,
任务将会困难重重,前路可能乌云密布
and war can no longer be confined to the battlefield.
战场将不再局限于前线阵地。
But we can only do the right as we see the right
只有掌握真知才能正确行事
and reverently commit our cause to God.
在此我们虔诚的向上帝承诺
If one and all we keep resolutely faithful to it,
如果我们大家坚定信念
then, with God's help, we shall prevail.
上帝会保佑,我们必将获胜
That was very good, Bertie.
说的非常棒,伯蒂